Different disasters may come up at any point in your life. One of the most significant damaging calamities is water damage to different businesses and houses. This is where the Lighthouse Restoration’s waterproofing service comes into play.
Waterproofing keeps your place unaffected by water and boosts its resistance to water under various circumstances.
The Lighthouse Restorations is one of the best waterproofing companies in New York that provides customers with the most outstanding water restoration services imaginable. Whether the damage was brought on by a natural calamity or something else, they can help you with home repair.
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of Waterproofing?
Lighthouse Restoration brings a lot of significant contributions in terms of waterproofing services to your home, offices, and many more places.
- Basement flooding is one type of costly flooding that can be avoided with waterproofing. Foundation waterproofing keeps water from Seeping into the basement.
- Waterproofing aids in creating a healthier home environment for your family. Asthma, hay fever, and other illnesses can develop because of prolonged mold contact.
- Your overall heating and cooling expenditures could be reduced with basement waterproofing. This is because humid indoor air from basement leaks strains the AC system and can increase energy costs by as much as 10-15%.
- Waterproofing will shield your floors. Typically, a 2-4 inch concrete floor is under your floor. Due to its thinness, concrete may be susceptible to pressure from the groundwater below, leading to leaks and cracks.
- In the US, there is a moisture issue in more than 60% of basements. Waterproofing your home may make it safer and healthier while also reducing moisture issues.
- A crucial step in waterproofing a basement is installing a sump pump. However, they occasionally malfunction or break down. If the sump pump malfunctions, having additional waterproofing in the basement might give your house more protection.
- When you sell your home, your value can go up if you waterproof the foundation. You must act now to preserve the value of your home if you plan to sell it in the future. When you put your house on the market, doing this will make it simpler to obtain the financial return you require.
What Are The Different Types Of Waterproofing Available With Lighthouse Restoration?
The supplies are readily available from masonry product vendors, making this procedure the simplest. Additionally, they are simple to combine and utilize in interior wet spaces like bathrooms. Due to its protection from the elements and sunshine, this method does not experience the contraction and expansion process.
A waterproof deck covering, such as those found in bridges, dams, sewage, water treatment plants, and tunnels, can be made using the cementitious waterproofing method.
Membrane Liquid Waterproofing
A primer coat and a few topcoats are used in this coating, which is troweled, sprayed, or applied with a roller. This gives greater flexibility than cementitious waterproofing. This is because once the liquid dries, it transforms into a rubbery layer on your wall. In actuality, such a method’s elongation qualities will increase to 280 percent. It will, however, depend on the kind of polymer the manufacturer employs when applying liquid waterproofing.
Waterproofing Using Bituminous Coating
Bituminous coating is a different method for waterproofing a building’s construction. Its reinforced fiber characteristics and polymer grade provide flexibility and water resistance. This technique, suitable for concrete foundations, is known as asphalt coating.
But when exposed to sunlight, the bitumen-based elements in this kind of coating solution might not be the best. This is because, with time, it weakens, and brittleness develops. More malleable materials, such as acrylic or polyurethane-based polymers, can be used to change it.
Waterproofing using Bituminous Membranes
You can choose this procedure if you choose a waterproof deck coating because of how well it has been used for low-sloped roofs in the past. Due to the mixture of asphalt, filler, and polymers, it is self-adhesive. To increase adhesion, certain oils and resins have also been used.
On the membrane, there are both covered and exposed torch kinds. Due to the granular mineral aggregate, the exposed kind can endure the ravages of weathering.
Membrane Liquid Waterproofing
A primer coat and a few top coats are used in this coating, which is trowelled, sprayed, or applied with a roller. This gives greater flexibility than cementitious waterproofing. This is because once the liquid dries, it transforms into a rubbery layer on your wall. In actuality, such a method’s elongation qualities will increase to 280 percent. It will, however, depend on the kind of polymer the manufacturer employs when applying liquid waterproofing.
Waterproofing with Polyurethane Liquid Membrane
The somewhat more expensive polyurethane liquid membrane is another type of waterproofing. It is employed in regions with flat roofs and those subject to the elements. However, this waterproofing is not very resistant to moisture despite its flexibility. Therefore, check the concrete slab for moisture content when using this procedure. If not, you will eventually see that the membranes start to de-bond or peel.
You can inspect any area of the building’s exterior that needs waterproofing, including the bathrooms and kitchen, basement, balconies, decks, green roofs, swimming pools, walls, and water tanks.
Lighthouse Restoration provides the best waterproofing company near you. It will provide your house with basement waterproofing, foundation waterproofing, and other waterproofing company in New York. The company will affordably cover all the above benefits and types of waterproofing. You will be provided with the best services available in New York.
Let’s Get Started
Ready to speak with an expert?
Ready To Speak With Our Experts?
What are you waiting for? Contact us by phone or by completing the form below!
Our Services are Available 24/7
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Every Service Comes With a 6-Month Warranty
122 Calvert Ave, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779, USA